"Wait till one day" and you may have no more opportunity/writer: Sun Yat
在今天,我們的房子越來越大,但是家庭越來越小。
Today, our house is getting bigger and bigger, but our family, smaller and smaller.
生活越來越方便,但是時間卻越來越少。
Life is easier, but time, less and less.
我們的學位越來越高,常識卻越來越少。
Our education level is higher and higher, but common sense, less and less.
知識越來越多,判斷力卻越來越差。
Knowledge is getting more and more, but judgement becomes worse and worse.
我們有更多的專家,但是也有更多的問題。
We have more experts, but there are more and more problems.
醫藥越來越好,但健康越來越少。
Medicine has improved greatly, but health is becoming worse and worse.
We expend a lot, but have too little joy and laughter.
車開得太快,火氣上來也更快。
We drive cars very fast, but our temper bursts out even faster.
睡得太晚,閱讀太少,電視看得太多,而且禱告太少。
Sleep very late, read very little, view too much TV and pray very little.
我們所擁有的資產倍增,但是價值卻遞減。
Our fortune is doubled, but value reduced.
我們說得太多,但是愛心太少,且謊話連篇。
We talk a lot, but love very little and lies abound.
我們學習如何經營生活,但沒有建造生命。
We learn how to lead a life, but we don't build up a meaningful life.
We extend our life span, but never increase life in our days.
我們有越來越高的建築,但也有越來越低的 EQ。
We have taller and taller buildings, but lower and lower EQ.
有更寬廣的高速公路,但有更狹窄的視野。
We have wider high speed motorways, but have narrower viewpoints.
我們花費得更多,但擁有的更少。
We spend a great deal, but own very little.
我們買得更多,但享受得更少。
We buy more, but enjoy less.
我們可以登陸月球回來。但是卻無法拜訪對街的鄰居。
We travel to the moon and back, but never bother to visit our neighbors.
We conquer the outer space, but have no clue as to how to control our prejudice.
我們可以分裂原子核,但是卻無法挪去心中的偏見。
We can dissect atoms, but are unable to remove our biased thinking.
我們更多書寫,卻更少學習。
We write more, but learn little.
更多計畫,卻更少成就。
More schemes, but little success.
我們學會忙碌,但學不會等候。
We learn how to busy ourselves, but never learn how to wait.
我們的收入更高了,但道德更低了。
Our income has risen, but morality, declined.
我們生產更多電腦,掌握更多資訊,
We produce more and more computers, control more information,
Multiply more and more copies, but our communications with others very lacking.
我們的數量提高了,品質卻降低了
We produce more, but quality deteriorates.
這是快速食品充斥卻消化不良的時代。
These are times when fast food is aplenty but indigestion also common.
高大的身軀與低劣的性格並存的時代。
Times when huge physiques co-exist with low and bad character.
更多休閒卻更少歡樂。
More leisure but little happiness.
更多食物卻更少營養。
More food but less nutrition.
更多雙收入家庭,但更高的離婚率。
More double-income families but even more divorce cases.
更多千萬豪宅,但 卻更多破碎的家庭。
Many more luxurious houses costing multi-million dollars, but more broken families.
I propose, in such an era,
你不要保留任何事情到特殊的場合才做,
You do not keep what you want to do till a specific time to do,
因為你活著的每一天都是特殊場合。
Because the day you are alive and kicking is the specific occasion you should do.
勤加閱讀,追求知識,
Read more and obtain more knowledge.
坐在你家的前廊上欣賞自然美景,
Sit in your front veranda and enjoy the beauty of nature.
無需汲汲營營於生活需要。
Do not have to be obsessed with life's mundane needs.
多花時間與家人及好友在一起,
Spend more time with your families and friends,
享受喜歡的食物,
Enjoy your favorite food.
到你喜愛的地方去遊覽。
Travel to places you like to visit.
生命不只是為了存活,
Life does not depend on maintaining one's existence.
而是一連串愉快事件組成的的鏈條。
It consists of many happy occasions chained together.
將你的水晶高腳杯拿出來,
Bring out your crystal champagne glass,
不要將妳最好的香水存起來,
Never keep your best perfume on the shelf.
任何時候你想要用的時候就用它吧。
Any time you want to use it, do so.
Remove "one day", "some day in the future" from your dictionary.
現在就去寫那一封
Go now to write that letter
你曾經想過要等到「有一天」才來寫的信。
The letter you want to write "one day".
讓我們現在就告訴我們的家人我們多愛他們。
Let us now tell our family that we love them very much.
不要將會帶給你歡笑及喜樂的任何事情拖延到未來。
Do not postpone anything that will bring you laughter, joy and happiness love "till one day".
Every day, every hour and every minute is all very special,
而且你不知道那是否是你的最後一刻。
Also, you do not know if it is your last moment of life.
如果你太忙以致於無法將這封信傳給你所愛的人,
If you are too busy and unable to forward this email to people you love,
你告訴自己說,「等到有一天」我再傳。
And you tell yourself "Wait till one day" I shall forward it.
In that case, please believe me "Wait till one day" you may not have any opportunity to do so.
(Courtesy of forwarded mail from Jason Gan)