Saturday, April 24, 2010

On Blogging

A letter from Dr JB Lim copied to the blogger:

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 8:43 PM
Subject: Visit my blog and Capt KH Lim website

Dear Relatives, colleagues and friends,

I actually have a blog I created some years back in 2007 (I think), but I put only a few of my thoughts inside, and I have not told anyone about this.

Neither did I give my blog site address to anyone, nor has anyone contributed anything inside. I just wrote my thoughts and kept quite about it. So I left it remained in furrow for such a long time with just my articles.

You may access Senior Pilot Captain KH Lim’s website and my articles inside there: http://www.askcaptainlim.com/.

Hope you enjoy reading them, and kindly contribute your articles to me. All my articles are just academic and educational in nature, and are quite original in thinking, not available in the library or in the Internet. There is no politics inside.

But if you are interested only in politics, then please contact the following three persons. They send me thousands of e-mails on Politics, UMNO, etc, etc, everyday:

1.Mr. Chong Keong Seng at: ks2chong@gmail.com ,
2.Dato’ Dr Vincent Ng at: vincentng86@yahoo.com ,
3.Mr. Leo Nathan at: leo_nthn@yahoo.com ,

You may also e-mail Ir. Lau at: lautaionn@yahoo.com, for general articles. Recently, he has put 1-2 of my articles into his blog. Ask him for the address.
.
Thanks and Regards

Lim Ju Boo
--------------------------------------------
My response:

Dear Dr JB Lim,

I felt honored and indeed flattered by your kind gesture in publicizing my blog “FOOD FOR THOUGHT
to your relatives, colleagues and friends together with the other three more prominent personalities.

I started blogging in April, 2006, about one year earlier than you. My “FOOD FOR THOUGHT” as its title implies was created initially for FUN and to SAVE the many interesting information, jokes and etc EMAILED to me, which must be deleted after a while in order not to over-occupy the storage space of my email accounts. Later I found such blogging also served the purposes of RECORD, REFERENCE as well as SHARING useful information with friends and other interested NETIZENS and thought that must be a good deed.

Nevertheless, I must admit that most of the materials in this blog are the works of others, only a few of my thoughts (as I am more at ease in writing Chinese and have posted my mostly published articles written in Chinese in my other Chinese blog
). That might explain why the daily number of visitors to my blog is so miserable and that is also why I don’t bother to participate in any online-advertising scheme, like adding Google AdSense to display Google ads in my blog to earn money, hahaha…..
.

For the record, so far I have put 5 articles or letters of yours inside my blog, namely:

1. The Musings of Mahatma Gadhi – Answers for Our Times -- July 25, 2009
2. What to See When Travelling to China -- March 8, 2010
3. Moonlight Sonata -- March 10, 2010
4. Dam Idiots in PA -- April 17, 2010
5. Alcohol and Health -- April 21, 2010


And hope you would allow me to continue to do so in the future whenever you have written and sent me something too interesting to keep to myself only. Frankly speaking, I enjoyed reading your humorous and witty comments on general topics more than lectures full of med
ical jargon.


Last but not least, may I quote a poem entitled “Remembrance” by Su Shi (苏轼) or better known as Su Dongbo (苏东坡) (January 8, 1037 – August 24, 1101), writer, poet, artist, calligrapher, pharmacologist, and statesman of the Song Dynasty, and one of the major poets of the Song era, as follows:

“To what can one compare our life on earth?
To a flock of geese,
Waddling about in the snow,
Leaving a faint trace of their passage.”
(人生到处知何似?应似飞鸿踏雪泥。泥上偶然留指爪,鸿飞那复计东西。)

In short, “Trace In The Snow (雪泥鸿爪)” is the reason why I blog.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tai Onn
24/04/2010

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter