Saturday, August 20, 2011

On Visitors to My Blog

The Blogger’s note: Reproduced below is the reply from Dr JB Lim to the blogger in respect of the previous post.
Saturday, 20 August, 2011 3:05 AM
From: lim juboo

Hi Ir. Lau,
Perfect! But you make me giggle the way you describe an undeserving me there. I don't warrant all those ‘merits’.

I just passed a casual mention of your nude pictures there in jest. They would be of value from an artistic perspective.

There is nothing wrong with the wide variety of articles you slotted into your blog. It makes interesting selections, more importantly attraction for visitors.

But I wonder how many people actually read blogs, including mine? There are so many hundreds of millions of other more alluring websites for them to skim and glide, from one to the next, like a bee stopping over from flower-to-flower, but collecting little. Perhaps a few may stop for a few minutes, sniffing the content before floating off to the next flower like butterflies in Nature.

Let’s trust they will find yours and mine worth even a transitory visit? On hind thought, it may be worthwhile to intermix and combine efforts to add fragrance to a flower.

Kindest regards,

Jew B Lim


------------------------------------


The blogger’s reply:
Saturday, 20 August, 2011 9:14 AM
From: Tai Onn Lau

Dear Dr Lim,

Thank you very much for your prompt response that makes me feel better after I have poured out my frustration of experiencing unjust remarks on my blogging, by posting your emails.

Like you, I never want to make enemy with anybody (why should anyone want anyway?), but the enemy came to me and attacked me for whatever reason best known to the perpetrator himself. I am only on the defensive side.

On your question of how many people actually read our blogs, I just wish to share with you a Chinese saying that goes, "只问耕耘 不问收获" (zhī wèn gēng yún, bù wèn shōu huò), which literally means “ask not what you reap, but ask what you sow” (can’t remember the equivalent English proverb or idiom).

I believe, from the visitors' counting gadget (refer to http://www4.clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://taionn.blogspot.com), my blog attracts a daily readership of 20 in average from many places of the world. But I don't really bother.

Rephrasing the famous quotation of former US president John F Kennedy, I believe in the spirit of "ask not what my blog can do for me, ask what I can do for my blog", hahaha......

With warmest regards,

Tai Onn 20/08/2011

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter