Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Impetus from Dr JB Lim on this Blog

Note: The blogger notices a significant increase in the number of average daily visitors to this blog lately from the online sitemeter “traffic reports” and he attributes this to the publication of the prolific articles/emails written by his most learned e-buddy, retired research scientist-doctor Dr JB Lim. He feels overwhelmed by the following encouragement from Dr Lim with his usual awesome English. The blogger humbly considers this as an impetus to work harder on his blogging.
----------------------------------
From: lim juboo
Date: Tuesday, 20 September, 2011, 3:32 AM

Dear Sifu Lau,

You really make my life worth living for the day. It was from laughter, the mirth within me from your compliments.
How can it be possible that the escalating numbers of visitors to your blog accredited to what I wrote? I think visitors are attracted by your excellent graphics, presentations, format, photos, pictures, music, and above all - the variety of articles you posted there.

Yours unlike mine is akin to a variety of flowers of different species, different fragrance, shades and colours, of different textures, brightness, sweetness and succulence. These are the attributes that engrossed visitors to your blog
like bees and butterflies from flower to flower. Isn’t that expected?

My blog in contrast, has no visitor? If there were, I would have seen comments posted there. But there was none - none at all (0 comment). My blog compared with yours is very bland. It is totally colorless. It is without sound or music, without graphics, charts nor drawings – nothing at all. It is just a mass of boring wordings. What a humdrum. Whose visitor would come a-calling?
Of course I do not have an automatic counter to monitor the number of visitors. I do not know how to create one in the first place. I am not that computer savvy to be able to install a counter to monitor the number of visitors who came. I do not bother either, because I write only for casual contentment to keep myself mentally alert after retirement from research.

Not surprisingly, my blog is so bland, unadorned, and unappealing. That’s the best I can do in the golden years

So have a good laugh at me. Cheers to you!
jb lim

BSc, PG Dip Nutr, MSc, MD, PhD, FRSH, FRSMed, DSc

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter