Monday, October 13, 2014

Taiwan’s Double Ten Day Celebration Reception on October 9, 2014 (中华民国103年双十国庆酒会简记)

On the evening of October 9, 2014 (Thursday), I brought my wife Soh Ai to attend the reception in celebration of the 103 anniversary of the national day of the Republic of China (aka Double Ten Day) organized by Taipei Economic & Cultural Office in Malaysia at the Mayang Sari Grand Ballroom, JW Marriott Hotel, Bukit Bintang, K.L.  I have consistently been invited to attend this annual function since 1999 in my capacity as a newspaper commentator/columnist.  I didn’t attend last year.

For the record, I didn't meet any acquaintances this time around other than Katherine Chui and Chan Yan Qin of Soka Gakkai Malaysia (SGM)'s PRO representing SGM and attending for the first time.   I met SGM’s President Koe Teng Hong and General Director Koh Sia Feai attending this reception many years ago.  Somehow, a few of my friends who used to attend were not present this evening.

Adeline Lai
Before we left the reception at about 8.50pm with full stomach of food, I enquired at the reception counter about an Information Department (TECOID) officer I knew i.e. Adeline Lai.  A staff went inside the ballroom and got Ms Lai to come out to greet me.  We chatted a few words before I bade farewell.   
Former TECOID Director Peggy Chou

It was a pleasant evening and I would certainly attend again, if invited, next year barring any unforeseen circumstances!

109日晚,我与太太出席了驻马来西亚台北经济文化办事处在J W Marriott Hotel, K.L. 主办的中华民国103年周年双十国庆酒会。除了遇见代表马来西亚创价学会出席的公关崔国姗(Katherine Chui) 和陈彦君两位女士,却没碰到其他旧雨。临别时向办事处招待员询问新闻组的赖小姐(Adeline Lai) ,后者从大厅前来会面,并介绍三等秘书杨希杰认识。原来赖小姐也是前新闻组组长周蓓姬女士的面子书友,还见过我 like 如今是台湾外交部交流司司长周女士的面子书贴文。乘兴而去,尽兴而返。去年受邀却缺席,明年若再受邀定当赴会!


(Pic from left: Chan Yen Qin, the blogger, Katherine Chui)
(图左起: 陈彦君丶崔国姗丶素爱)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter