Friday, October 02, 2020

“The Good Samaritans” by Dr. Lim Ju Boo

My most learned e-buddy the Great Sifu Dr. Lim Ju Boo has penned down his encounter with two Malays (a man and another girl separately) who offered him help on a rainy stormy evening on September 10, 2020 and shared in his blog and a chat group the next day. 

(Refer:  The Malay Lady Who Helped Me: ‘Uncle, Do You Need Help?

https://scientificlogic.blogspot.com/2020/09/the-malay-lady-who-helped-me-uncle-do.html) 

After reading that in the chat group on September 11, 2020, I promptly suggested to Dr. Lim to submit to the media (The Star or NST) for publication so as to reach a wider readership in this time of racial and religious disharmony in the country.

But he didn’t respond to my message and I thought he just ignored it.

Dr. Lim informed his friends (including me) yesterday on October 1,. 2020 that Ms. Evelyn Len of StarLifestyeLiving of The Star, Malaysia wrote to him and informed that his story would be published today on October 2, 2020. 

I just checked Dr. Lim's correspondence forwarded to me and found that he actually did submit his story to The Star on September 11, 2020 in response to my suggestion, although he didn’t let me know.  I was very happy that he really listened to me for which I am most overwhelmed with delight. 

The relevant article entitled "The Good Samaritans" published today in the “Hearth & Soul” Page in The Star is posted herewith for sharing.  The published article is of course an abridged version and the full text can be found from the link given above.

 

Feedback from Dr. JB Lim via WhatsApp @ 1.50 pm 02/10/2020:

I thank your my dear Sifu Lau.

It was your goodself not me who suggested I share my experience with these two Malay angels who offered me help.

God works in unexpected and mysterious ways well ahead we cannot see and understand just exactly I experienced that day in the morning first, and one stop later at the terminus in the evening.

Rewards always come to us later without us realizing or knowing them.

There is so much joy and happiness in sharing and helping others in need.

Yes, you may share in your blog if you wish without needing my consent. Thanks a million, Ir Lau.

Jb lim

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter