Thursday, June 17, 2021

A brief account of my 1st Covid-19 vaccination on 16/06/2021

I went for my 1st dose of Covid-19 vaccination at Level 2, The MINES International Exhibition & Convention Centre (MIECC), Jalan Dulang, Mines Wellness City, Seri Kembangan, Selangor on Wednesday, June 16, 2021.

The vaccine given to me was China Sinovac’s CoronaVac Suspension for Injection SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (Vero Cell) Inactivated.

The appointment time was 17:30.

I left home alone by driving my car at 3.55pm, reaching MIECC (which is about 9.1km away from my house) at about 4.15pm.   

There was quite plenty of cars entering the vaccination location then, but the traffic was overall smooth flowing and I found a parking lot quite easily inside MIECC.

I reached the vaccination hall at about 4.25pm and went through the following procedures:

1.  Collected 2 copies of “Borang Persetujuan Suntikan Vaksin Covid-19” with a queue no.

2. Went to a counter tally with the queue no. and filled up the forms in front of two staff, one of them entering my details into a computer. Scanned using MySJ to report arrival and received a message “Welcome”.

3.  Waited at the assigned hall HCO B to be called to meet a young Chinese female doctor (Pegawai Perubatan) to be briefed and obtained her signature as “Tandatangan Saksi” on the "Borang Persetujuan Suntikan".

4.  Waited for vaccination. Very orderly and fast.

5.  Entered a cubicle room and let the doctor use my phone's MySJ to scan a QR code posted on the wall.  A message “Vaccinated” came out in my MySJ when I actually hadn’t received the jab yet.

6.  Vaccinated at 5.15pm by a young Malay male doctor with Sinovac vaccine. I asked for his permission to take a selfie photo when he was administering the injection. I felt nothing at all when the needle was injected into my left arm.

7.  Waited outside for the next appointment date of vaccination. It took about 10 minutes.  My 2nd dose appointment date is July 7, 2021.  It is 21-day interval from the 1st dose.   

8. Went to the back of the hall and saw many people taking photos with the colourful stand-up board of “Saya Telah Divaksin” as well as “I Got Vaccinated” placard.  I offered to an elderly Malay man to take a group photo of him and his wife, and in turn he helped take some photos of me.

I returned home at about 5.55pm.  Mission accomplished!

I don’t feel any side effects after the vaccination, just hitting the sack slightly earlier than usual at 10.30pm as I felt a bit tired.

No pain, no fever and nothing unusual the day after on June 17, 2021. 

Notification of vax appointment in MySJ

Just arrived at the vaccination hall

Getting the Sinovac jab

Felt nothing about the jab

Waiting for the 2nd dose appointment date



Next appointment card

A pose for the record of having been vaccinated



MySJ page of Vaccination after jab

New entry in MySJ's Profile after vaccination


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter