Friday, October 22, 2021

A Meetup With Dennis Ignatius & Two Other Friends On Oct. 22, 2021

A first time meetup with former Malaysian ambassador Datuk Dennis Ignatius was arranged by my senior chat group friend Mr. Aw Eng Sun (whom I haven’t met and spoken in person so far) at the Royal Lake Club, K.L. today Friday, October 22, 2021.

I left home at 7.20am by car and reached Lake Club at 8.15am after enduring quite a  heavy traffic all along Jalan Cheras.  I was stopped by the guard who asked if Dennis or Aw was already inside the club before allowing me to enter as a guest of either of them.  As I was trying hard to call Mr. Aw, he just drove in and led me to the visitors’ car park.

It was quite a pleasant meeting Mr. Aw face to face as we often exchange messages via WhatsApp for about 2 years now but we haven’t met each other till now.

Ir. Chin Mee Poon whom I invited to join on the request of Mr. Aw to bring along a writer friend arrived at about 8.30am. He brought 4 copies of Chinese books (2 written by him and 2 by others) as gifts for me.

After Dennis finished playing his tennis games and joined us at the lobby at about 8.40am, I took the opportunity to take photos of Chin presenting the book “Engineering Heritage of Malaysia” (edited by Chin and published by IEM in 2013) to Dennis and Aw respectively.  I have earlier requested IEM secretariat to provide 2 complimentary copies of this book as well as IEM monthly bulletin JURUTERA July 2020 issue (in which there are published articles from Chin, Dr. JB Lim and myself) for me to serve as souvenir gifts to my new acquaintances.

Later we moved on to the Garden cafe which was open and more airy.  

Dennis is indeed a very talkative person and he talked about so many issues almost non-stop as we listened and could chip in for a quick conversation for the entire 2.5 hours of chit-chat.

It was really a pleasant meet-up and we really enjoyed the conversation with Dennis. We finally bid farewell to each other at about 11.20am. I returned home at about 12.10pm.

The following photos are taken during our pleasant meetup today: 

Arrived at Royal Lake Club at 8.15am

The tennis court at the Lake Club
Club lobby
Mr. Aw Eng Sun
Ir. Chin Mee Poon
The books given to me by Chin
Chin presenting "Engineering Heritage of Malaysia" to Dennis
Chin presenting "Engineering Heritage of Malaysia" to Aw
A pose with my IEM buddy Ir. Chin MP
A pose with my WhatsApp chat group buddy Mr. Aw ES
Datuk Dennis Ignatius having tea and toast breakfast after tennis games
A group photo of us (pic from left: Chin, Dennis, Aw and I)
Dennis autographing his book for Chin


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter