Saturday, March 29, 2014

Dr. JB Lim Talks About Bloggers & Blogs

Dr. JB Lim and his highly recommended book to read 
The blogger wishes to share an interesting email from his most- learned e-buddy Dr. JB Lim that talks about bloggers and blogs that he knows.  The blogger feels honoured and flattered for his blog being mentioned by Dr. Lim and wishes to clarify that the contents of this blog are mostly NOT written by him but merely ‘publication’ of interesting emails received from his e-buddies and friends with the objective of sharing with his readers.

From: Lim Juboo
Sent: Tuesday, 25 March 2014 2:31 AM

Dear Captain KH Lim and friends,

Last Saturday weekend (March 22) when nobody is busy working, my family brought me to Port Klang for a seafood dinner to cerebrate my birthday which actually was on Thursday, 20 March, a working day.

Sitting next to me at the restaurant in a breezy balmy evening was my eldest daughter. I asked her if she could buy a book online for me.
She asked me to give her the title of the book. I told her:

 “Life in the Skies” by Captain KH Lim, formerly a senior pilot with MAS and later with Air Asia.

Instantly her eyes lilted up. She said she just saw that book a few hours ago in Popular Book Store. She went through it, and she said she likes that book very much. She told me some of the stories Captain Lim wrote inside.

She told me it was one of the best sellers in that book store. (Probably the sales were enhanced because of the missing MH 370 – and everybody is curious?).
Here is the book my daughter brought home for me. It contains 25 chapters (See picture attached). If you buy this book online from MPH it is cheaper than buying it from the book-shop.

Actually I know Captain Lim for many years already. He has a website all about flying which I regular visit because of my interest in aviation and the many things about flying he wrote inside.
 

Click here for “Just about Flying”


In fact I too asked him a number of questions in his “flying blog”, and his answers were always very interesting to me. He has also created a small blog for me called:

“Dr JB Lim’s Corner” at:

This corner is linked to his website. His blog is also linked to his “Life in the Skies”. But my small corner he created for me is mainly about health issues passengers and visitors asked him

It was Capt Lim who first told me about his book. He wanted to give me a signed copy of his book for free. But he also told me the publisher was trying to make his book the best seller.

So I thought, instead of asking him to give me a free signed copy, it is best I buy a copy because this will add to another sale to help him achieve the best seller status. Giving me his free copy may not help him add to another number.  That was why I prefer to buy it.

Anyway I thank Capt Lim for his offer. I only need to get him sign his book. 

I fully recommend Captain KH Lim’s book to all my friends here, to any air traveler, or to just about any person interested in planes and aviation like I do.

If there is sufficient number of friends wanting to buy his book, I shall try to arrange for Capt Lim to meet them over dinner in SEA Park to sign all his books.

Captain Roland Thomas who is my Batu Pahat High School mate also has a website containing all assorted interesting stories but lesser on flying.

It is called: “My Life”: http://rolandabrahamthomas.blogspot.com/

Of course our Honorable Ir. Lau Tai Onn has an interesting blog too, not about flying, but his collections of all kinds of interesting things, including his life experiences, thought-provoking articles, quotes, jokes, useful information, health and medical articles, and awesome pictures.

I just wonder as an engineer how Ir Lau could write so many articles about food, medicine and health (other than some I gave him).  He must be a genius.

No wonder his blog is called “Food for Thought” which is both in English and Chinese.

He colourfully illustrated them too, unlike my blog which is so bland.  I hope he keeps up with all those info which are too much for me to learn for the moment. I don’t even know some of the medical, nutrition, food and health info he gave there? I have a lot to catch up. He is a real genius.

His blog address is:

So has Prof Dr Faridah from the Medical Faculty, University Science Malaysia who also wrote all kinds of interesting stories about “The Early Malay Doctors”. A lot of those personalities I know during my time.

She even inserted a story about me when I wrote to her concerning my former neighbor (Dr Syed Mahmood bin Abdul Rahman Alkuds) in Batu Pahat Asia Dispensary. She write all sorts of stories about doctors there.

Prof Faridah blog is:

Cheers to all of you. Keep up with all your web stories. They save me time and money buying books and stories to read (except “Life in the Skies”).

Regards

Lim ju boo
-------------------

From: Tai Onn Lau
Sent: Saturday, 29 March 2014 5:09 PM
Subject: Thank you for your mention about bloggers and blogs

Dear Dr. JB Lim,

I am taken by surprise that my humble blog “Food for Thought” is mentioned by you in your emails to your distinguished friends and e-buddies.

Nevertheless I feel honored and flattered.   But I must clarify that, contrary to what you have mentioned about my blog, most of the contents posted therein are NOT written by me.   I merely ‘publish’ (a word you have described so aptly once before about the function of my blogging) informative and interesting emails and articles forwarded to me by my friends and e-buddies, the most-learned and respected one of whom is none than your goodself.  You have glorified my blog to a great extent.

I must tell you that I have noticed you have rendered some colors in highlighted phrase in your recent article posted into your blog “Scientific Logic”:
(http://scientificlogic.blogspot.com/2014/03/normal-0-false-false-false-en-us-x-none.html).  It is definitely no more ‘bland’ as you have modestly claimed.  Do keep it up, Doc.!

Please allow me to post your insightful and thoughtful email into my blog:

Thank you very much.

Regards,

T.O. Lau

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter