Thursday, August 28, 2014

Dr. JB Lim’s Philosophy Of Simple Lifestyle

Dr. Lim as a proud dad
The blogger’s note:  In response to a funny article entitled “Words of Wisdom for Modern Day Living” posted in many websites of the internet which is forwarded by an e-buddy to him, Dr. JB Lim offers his enlightening philosophy of simple lifestyle as reproduced below the article.
  
Words of Wisdom for Modern Day Living ..........
 
When we are in heaven - Our money is still in the bank.
When we are alive - We don't have enough money to spend.
When we are gone - There is still a lot of money not spent.

One tycoon in China passed away. His widow, with $1.9 billion in the bank, remarried his chauffeur.

His chauffeur said, "All the while I thought I was working for my boss.  Now I realize that my boss was all the time working for me !!! "

The cruel reality is:  It is more important to be strong and healthy than to have more wealth.  So we must strive to have a strong and healthy body, it doesn't matter who is working for whom.

A high-end hand phone - 70% of the functions are useless
An expensive car - 70% of the speed is not needed
A luxurious villa - 70% of the space is not occupied
A whole wardrobe of clothes - 70% of it is not worn
A whole life of earning - 70% is for other people to use.

So we must protect and make full use of our 30%.

Go for medical exam even if you are not sick
Drink more water even if you are not thirsty
Must let go even when you are faced with grave problems
Must give in even if you are in the right.
Must be humble even though you are very powerful.
Must be contented even if you are not rich.
Must exercise even when you are very busy.

LIFE IS SHORT - SO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST.
DON'T BE THE RICHEST MAN IN THE CEMETERY ........
  
Wednesday, 27 August, 2014 11:17 PM
From: Lim Juboo

All I ask for in life are only these:

1.  A room or a small simple house to stay, a pillow on my head, a bed sheet as a blanket, and a mat to sleep on the floor every night

2.  A bathroom with toilet, a tap and a hose attached to it, and plenty of good running water to wash, urinate, defecate, bathe and clean myself everyday

3.  A towel, soap, shaver, tooth brush and toothpaste to brush my teeth every morning

4.  2-3 changes of clothes where I can wash each change of clothes in the bathroom after each bath

5.   A mug, bowl, plates, fork and spoon to put my food into

6.  Food and water to put into the bowl everyday


Dr. JB Lim's wallet
7.  A broken down plastic purse containing just a few ringgit inside everyday to purchase all the above basics needs day-to-day

8.  Give thanks to God for all the above

9.  A computer and your email address to send you this message

Any extra you can have them. Why do I need to burden my life with all possessions that are completely not needed for biological living? Do any of the animals in the wild need any of the above except food and water?

I will be the most peaceful living soul on this planet with a living that completely frees me from all other unnecessary possessions, a life that frees me from all unnecessary worldly belongings, a life that frees me from all self-induced stress, greed and self-demands, and a life that frees me from all problems that are outside my physical body.

I don’t want to be burdened and be imprisoned by anything that is completely unessential. I just want to be completely free like a lark that sings and flies in the open. I want to be born free like those animals in the wild. They have none of those we have, yet they are able to roam so freely in the open fields and parries, and yet God cares and feeds them all.

99.999 % of all the things we buy, acquire, and just keep unused in the house to collect dusts, are exactly what imprisons most people from the secret of happiness and freedom today. Then they start looking for maids to dust, clean and maintain all these. One thing adds on to the other.

Sit down, have a quiet moment for yourself, think, and just admit it.

If we don’t have them, then we feel “kiasu” (afraid to lose) like all those highly stressful Singaporeans.

Verily, verily I ask you. Which is better – happiness, peace, and tranquility for your body, soul and mind because you have nothing outside your physical body, or fighting like rats against kiasu to possess all the things that cluster and give problems to your short life? 

You answer it.

juboo lim

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter