Sunday, September 06, 2015

A Memorable Get-together Dinner of Former AJP Colleagues

On the evening (7.00pm – 10.30pm) of Saturday, September 5, 2015, I attended an ‘unusual’ dinner at Gold Dragon City Seafood Restaurant Sdn Bhd, Paramount Garden, P.J.
The venue of our gathering dinner taken when I arrived at 7.00pm
It was ‘unusual’ because it was the first get-together, as far as I am concerned, of the former staff (engineers and draftsmen) of Angkasa Jurutera Perunding Sdn Bhd (AJP) after a lapse of almost 3 decades.

I worked as a structural engineer in AJP from May, 1982 till October, 1986.

I was particularly excited to meet our former boss Ir. Woo Hin Wai (aged 72, whom I haven’t met since 1986) and my mentor Mr. Chai Bui Lun (aged 75, whom I last met in 2006).  

Other former colleagues present included: Ir. C.K. Cheong, Ir. T.P. Ng, Ir. Phang Ah Lek, Ir. Shin Yoke Keong, Ir. Lim Soo Lian, Ir. Eddie H.S. Goh, Ir. Alex K.C. Chai, Alex Lai, Steven Ong.  Others who joined AJP after I left were Ir. Eddie Ng (T.P.’s brother) and Ir. C.K. Lee.

It was a memorable dinner get-together time when we met and chit-chat for old time’s sake.  The bill came to RM 714.00 equally shared by all except the guest-of-honour Ir. Woo who graced this occasion by availing himself to be with us.

Thanks to C.K. and T.P. for organizing this gathering including contacting us and making reservation of the restaurant. 

It is hoped that we can continue to have such a gathering in future, with the next one inviting more former colleagues to join.  We should cherish our fellowship more than ever now that we are into the golden age of our life.  
A pose with my former boss Ir. Woo Hin Wai
Pic front from left: TP Ng, BL Chai, the blogger
Pic back from left: YK Shin, AL Phang, CK Cheong and Alex Lai


Pic from Left: BL Chai, the blogger, Alex Chai and Eddie Ng
The blogger greeting Ir. Woo as he arrived
Chatting with my mentor Chai Bui Lun
A group photo of all present at the reunion dinner
Pic from left: Shin YK, Eddie Goh, Lim SL (standing), Steven Ong, Woo HW, Alex Chai and another 
Note:  The first two photos are snapped by my camera, while all the rest are by courtesy of CK Cheong.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter