Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Benefit from Confession

Tommy Shaughnessy enters the confessional box and says, "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose woman."

The priest asks, "Is that you, little Tommy Shaughnessy?"
.
"Yes, Father, it is."
.
."And who was the woman you were with?"
.
"Sure and I can't be tellin' you, Father. I don't want to ruin her reputation."
.

"Well, Tommy, I'm sure to find out sooner or later, so you may as well tell me now. Was it Brenda O'Malley?"
.
"I cannot say."
.
"Was it Patricia Kelly?"
.
"I'll never tell."

"Was it Liz Shannon?"
.
"I'm sorry, but I'll not name her."
.
"Was it Cathy Morgan?"
.
"My lips are sealed."
.
"Was it Fiona McDonald, then?"
.
"Please, Father, I cannot tell you."
.
The priest sighs in frustration.
.
"You're a steadfast lad, Tommy Shaughnessy, and I admire that. But you've sinned, and you must atone. Be off with you now."
.
Tommy walks back to his pew.
.
His friend Sean slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"
.
"Five good leads," says Tommy.

(Courtesy of forwarded mail from Leo Nathan)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter