Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Prelude to Dr. JB Lim’s Cancer & Nutrition Talk in May 2015

The blogger wishes to “advertise” for an upcoming health talk by “the Great Sifu” Dr. JB Lim to the Cansurvive Centre Malaysia Berhad (http://www.cansurvive.org.my/v1/news.aspx) as follows:

Title of talk:  “Nutrition and Cancer: The Dynamics and Kinetics of New Lamps for Old”

Speaker:   Dr JB Lim   BSc PG Dip Nutr MSc MD PhD (Med) FRSPH FRSM

Time and Date:   4 pm – 6 pm, Saturday, May 23, 2015

Venue:   The Malaysian Association for the Blind
               Kompleks MAB, Jalan Tebing, Off Jalan Tun Sambanthan
    4, Brickfields, 50470, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50470
    (MAB is just next door to Tun Samabanthan KL Mono Rail Station)

All welcomed.   The talk is free-of-charge. Refreshment will be served after the talk

Dr. JB Lim’s CV can be viewed in an earlier posting i.e. http://taionn.blogspot.com/2015/03/2015-chap-goh-mei-dinner-with-dr-jb-lim.html,

A glimpse of the Great Sifu in action during a previous health talk entitled The Meaning & Measurement of Health” held on 24/10/2012 can be viewed from three video clips taken by the blogger and uploaded into YouTube, the first one being:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKIvFFeI8ec . Refer to: http://taionn.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-impression-of-dr-jb-lims-talk-on.html for the blogger’s brief account of the talk.

The following are the recent emails from Dr. JB Lim to his e-buddies regarding his preparation of the above-said talk:

From: Lim Juboo
Date: Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Just for your info, I will be giving a talk to the Cancer Survival Society on May 23 (Saturday) from 4 – 6 pm at the Malaysian Association for the Blind in Brickfields.

My talk will be based also on this very new approach in cancer prevention and treatment. It shall be on the same molecular biological-nutritional concept as what Dr Betty developed.


But mine shall be on a wide spectrum of issues pertaining to cancer pathology, molecular medicine, cellular signaling, etc, and eventual how we may use existing anti-angiogenic principles found in ordinary, but selected fruits and vegetables so cheaply available in our morning and night Malaysian markets. That is going to be a great leap if we can understand this, and able to select those very special foods as part of our cancer-protective and 'curative' diets.


I shall explain their dynamics and kinetic how they may be used to prevent and to “cure” cancer without the use of horrendously expensive and highly toxic cytotoxic drugs (chemotherapy).
 
So do come for my talk. I think it is going to be very interesting session, a very special presentation as this has never heard before. I have already prepared over 100 slides for this.  So do come with your family and friends. It is going to benefit a lot of people against cancer and other diseases.

Lim jb
------------------------
Sunday 12 April, 2015 8:48 PM
From: Lim Juboo

In my coming public talk, I shall explain how cancer can both be prevented and treated using recent discoveries in nutritional sciences and molecular biology. I shall explain this in my up coming talk at the Malaysian Association for the Blind on Saturday, May 23, 2015 between 4:00 - 6:00 pm.


I have already prepared over 100 illustrative slides to cover a lot of fields on this. I shall cover epidemiology, pathology, immunology, cellular chemistry, toxicology, molecular biology, cell signaling, anti-cancer principles in foods, how they act, how they protect, and yet how they can also cause cancers, among others.

Some ideas on food chemistry need to come in also, and also I need to uncover how scientists are now copying Nature - biologically active substances as found in certain foods to develop an entirely new range of drugs (not chemotherapy) to fight cancer, both prophylactic and therapeutically Scientists have now found significant success in this area. I shall explain this approach, giving a lot of people hope challenged with cancer.

My slides are still in crude form and need to be polished. I need to research and think a lot on them - on how to make them very simple and easy to understand. This is the hardest part.


I think this presentation will be an eye opener for everybody who cares to come and listen because it is so new, combining so many disciplines of medicine, nutrition, food science, and medical sciences put together in a joint effort to prevent and slow down cancers.

Do come with all your friends. It will be something new for everybody. Knowledge and information about health and difficult diseases will be worth a thousand wedding ang pows. So what I gave to my friend last evening was absolutely nothing.

jb lim
------------------------------
From: Lim Juboo
Date: Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 3:46 AM


Thanks for your interest and support. Come to my talk on "Cancer and Nutrition" which highlight on recent advances and discoveries on cancer treatment using just mainly food.  This new approach is so very, very cheap, so novel, and more successful than all those God-forbidden out of range expensive and highly toxic chemotherapy.

I have already prepared nearly 100 slides so far, but still to improve and edit them according to my literature search in the hundreds which is still in progress.

A lot of work and evidenced-based scientific thinking and analysis are still to be done as I need to present them in a professional and ethical manner, yet make a highly technical subject reachable to ordinary audience. 

There will be a lot of doctors and research scientists too who told me they will come. This is a very difficult subject but I think I can manage to make it simple, illustrative and to down-to-earth for everybody.


How come there is now new hope for cancer management? I shall explain this clearly in my talk at the Malaysian Association for the Blind on Saturday, 23rd May, 4:00 - 6:00 pm.

Bring along your learned colleagues and friends also. I would be delighted to see you again.

kindest regards

jb lim
------------------

The response from the Great Sifu after the blogger informed him about this posting:

Monday, 20 April, 2015 1:56 AM 

Thank you Ir Lau for "selling" me. It is not just selling but I think you are over-selling me. I am not worth all those advertisement you intend to put up on my behalf albeit it lends tremendous support getting people to come. Else the hall may be empty except for the chairman and myself (hopefully not)  

No doubt I like as many as possible to come. It works both ways:

First, cancer is a very difficult disease to treat, but there is hope for everyone challenged with this disease if we understand how we can not just prevent it, but even block it from progressing further with special dietary principles found in Nature. What's more,  so cheaply too instead of using highly toxic and very expensive cytotoxic drugs (chemotherapy). I shall explain the entire dynamics how this works.


What is frightening is cancer is on the rise in Malaysia and globally, and all of us do have cancer lurking in our bodies without us realizing it. It is a matter of time when it clinically strikes. That's No 1 why it is so useful and important an issue for people to come and listen.

The second reason why I need support is because the amount of time and effort I have already put in, reading over hundreds of research papers and standard textbooks on this subject, and how to put all these highly complicated technical languages and findings in a ridiculously simple way so that I can get all the info across to an ordinary audience, albeit some of my doctor friends will also be attending. 

For all these time and trouble, it is completely free-of-charge, and yet I believe and hope many will benefit from listening. The only cost for them is to take the trouble to come. That's all I want. There is no commercial value so kindly do not over sell me. I gain absolutely nothing monetarily. I only hope  to benefit everybody within that very, very short 2 hours for me to cramp up everything from pathology, immunology, food science and nutrition, molecular medicine down to how the body respond to this very difficult disease 

Thanks a lot for your effort too to support me.

kindest regards

lim jb 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter