Sunday, October 01, 2017

A Busy Week Of Visiting Friends & Attending Wedding Dinner

Three days in a row in the last week of September, 2017 saw me busy visiting relative/friend and attending wedding dinner.

On Thursday, September 28, 2017, my wife Soh Ai and I left home at 11.15am to visit my cousin brother Pan Mok Weng at his house at Taman Puchong Utama.  Pan had his gallbladder removed early this month because of cholecystitis.  He showed us the many gallstones measuring about 5mm each kept in a plastic bottle.  He suspected his cholecystitis was caused by his over-eating in the younger days.

Later we went to IOI Mall, Puchong to have vegetarian lunch at Simple Life Restaurant.  After that Pan led us to Aeon Big Puchong Utama which was offering 2-day promotional sales and we just bought a few items of goods.  I sent Pan home after shopping and Soh Ai and I returned home at 4.00pm. 
A pose with Pan MW (潘木荣) at Simple Life Restaurant
On Friday, September 29, 2017, I went to the Green Forest Condominium near my house in Bandar Sg Long to wait for Stanley Ong (Chartered Accountant and Deputy President of CanSurvice Centre Malaysia) at 11.45am.  He came out promptly at 11.50am to pick me up and we went for noodle lunch at Bandar Mahkota Cheras.

We reached Hospital Kuala Lumpur (HKL), Jalan Pahang at 12.30pm to visit Dr. Lim Ju Boo who is warded at 5th Floor of the Emergency Department.  Dr. Lim has been hospitalized in HKL for his stubborn leg ulcer treatment since August 14, 2017 (after transfer from a private wound care centre in PJ where he stayed there for maggot therapy to no improvement since July 10, 2017).

I brought along with me a packet of Tou Cha grape seed teabags and 2 pieces of moon-cakes as present for Dr. Lim.

Dr. Lim lamented on his prolonged stay in the hospital and expressed his wish to be discharged and return home as soon as possible.  He told us that “other patients with far worse conditions come and go in droves within days after admission, but it looks like he cannot leave for some time to come”.  

He explained in great details the background and possible causes of his leg ulcer problem and talked all the time while Stanley and I could only chip in once in a while.  He is truly “a chatter box by nature” as he himself admitted.  But I always enjoy very much listening to him as it is effectively sharing of his profound knowledge and abundant experience.

We left at 1.45pm and Dr. Lim walked us down to the ground floor entrance/exit of the Emergency Department and saw us off.

I am grateful to Stanley Ong for fetching me home although I initially planned to take a MRT ride to return home after the hospital visit.  We had a good time chatting during the journey.
Waiting for a lift from Stanley Ong
A pose with Dr. JB Lim and Stanley Ong in the ward
Dr. Lim chatting with Stanley
A glimpse of the 1st class ward room
Dr. Lim showing the many come-and-go patients with him as the only longest-staying patient
On Saturday, September 30, 2017, I attended a wedding dinner of the 4th daughter of my Primary School classmate Chong Kwan (张坤) at Restoran Loon Sing at Nilai (汝来隆盛佛跳墙大酒家). Wong Chee Kong (黄志光) picked me and Low Ung Lee (刘莺丽) up at 6.30pm from Sg Long and he knew the way so well that we reached our destination within 25 minutes even with slow-driving of his Mercedes car.  Thanks to him for shuttling me to and fro the restaurant.

I got to meet around two tables of Primary School classmates and one table of High School classmates invited by Chong Kwan. It was a banquet of around 100 tables jointly hosted by the parents of the groom and bride.

The dishes were found to be small in quantity and mostly cold.   

I returned home at almost 12.00am midnight after the wedding dinner.
Wedding dinner of a primary school classmate's daughter in Nilai, Negri Sembilan
A pose with a High School classmate Hiah Swee Siang (颜瑞生)
A pose with Primary School classmate Wong Chee Kong (黄志光) who shuttled me to and fro the dinner
With Primary School classmates (from left) 雷美亮, 黄美娇, 蔡秀珠
Pic from left: 陈佛才, 陈日鸿, 张坤 (Chong Kuan, father of the bride)
Pic from left: 蔡秀珠, 赖开源, 胡国强, 陈佛才
The newly-weds

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter