Wednesday, January 05, 2022

My Sinovac Vaccine Booster Dose on 5 January, 2022

I received my first 2 doses of vaccination with CoronaVac Suspsension for Injection, Inactivated or Sinovac on 16/6/2021 and 7/7/2021 respectively. 

Although I have received appointments from MySejahtera for the booster dose (with mRNA Pfizer vaccine) on 11/11/2021, 6/12/2021 and 27/12/2021, I have canceled all 3 appointments as I do not wish to receive heterogeneous or mixed vaccination but insist on Sinovac vaccine for my booster dose.

I have applied through Selangkah VAX (a public health platform of the Selangor State Government) on 12/12/2021 and secured an appointment for free Sinovac booster dose at Selcare Clinic, Putrajaya on 5/1/2022.  The original time was 15:00 but subsequently changed to 12:00.

On Wednesday, 5/1/2022, I left home at 10.25am and reached Selcare Clinic Putrajaya at 11.10am. There was a queue of more than 10 persons standing outside at the corridor leading to the Clinic and I was given 2 copies of form to fill up for consent of vaccination (one to be given to the clinic and another retained by me) and given a queue no. of 88 (presumably counting from the beginning of the day).

I noticed that all the people who came for vaccination this morning were Chinese, including a young couple from China (the guy told me he was from Shangdong) lining up behind me.  They spoke to each other with heavy China-accent Putonghua. I offered a bit of help when they found difficulty in filling up the form.

Only 10 persons were allowed to go inside the Clinic. Once entered, we still need to wait a while after the earlier person finished his/her registration at the reception counter. I got registered at 11.50am and in less than 5 minutes, I went inside to have my booster shot. The young Malay nurse showed me the vial containing 0.4 ml. of the vaccine before giving me the jab.  Slight feeling of the needle going into the arm and that’s all.  

After the booster shot at 12.00pm, a small yellow book of “International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis” (carrying the logo of World Health Organization and State Government of Selangor, Malaysia) was issued to me.  The Digital Certificate for Covid-19 Vaccination in MySejahtera instantly showed Booster Dose Date & Time and Facility place,  but the details of Manufacturer and Batch were not shown. The Clinic staff assured me that the update would be done later.

I returned home at 12.45 pm after stopping at BSL Shell station to fill up the petrol.  

By about 3.30pm in the afternoon, I found that detail of my Booster Dose was completely updated in the Digital Certificate of my MySejahtera.  Everything is in order now! 

Selangkah's service in providing free Sinovac vaccination

Online application for booster dose

Confirmation receipt


The queue at the time of my arrival

Consent form 

My lucky queue no.

Ready to enter the Clinic

The glass door of the Clinic

The two young couple of China nationality

My "vax travel passport"




MySejahtera's Digital Certificate


MySj Vaccination Record

A pose in front of Selcare Clinic before departure

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter