Sunday, May 28, 2023

Hiking at Ah Pek Hill on May 28, 2023

On Sunday, May 28, 2023, I left home at 8.35am to Taman Wangsa Cheras to join Saw Cheng Ngee and other friends to hike Ah Pek Hill (阿伯山, officially known as Bukit Putih).

This is my 3rd time hiking Ah Pek Hill.  The last two times were:

(1) October 9, 2022

(refer:  https://taionn.blogspot.com/2022/10/hiking-at-ah-pek-hill-on-october-9-2022.html)

(2) October October 16, 2022

(refer:  https://taionn.blogspot.com/2022/10/hiking-at-ah-pek-hill-again-on-october.html)

The hikers of today are: Saw CH, Simon Kuah, Ng Kie Meng & wife (Yoong Lai Mooi), Ng Boon Teck, Victor Wu, Lily and two other ladies.

We started hiking at 9.30am.  As Saw had a stomach problem and needed to go to a toilet, I accompanied him to the so-called “Water Datuk Station (水哪督站)” where is a toilet in the middle of the wood, while the rest proceeded to Station 3A.

A large crowd of hikers (more than 20 ppl) was having their picnic at this station. One Mr. Lai from BSL Section 4 offered us dragon-food and bananas and chit-chatted with us.

After some rest, Saw and I went up to Station 3A at about 11.50am when our friends had almost finished their biscuits and tea time.  I  was already very exhausted then.

We came down the hill at 12.35pm and reached the ground at about 1.45pm.  I returned home at about 2.10pm.

I find the hiking today very strenuous and tiring.  The steep trail is very challenging to me!

I was very thirsty as I did not bring enough water to drink.  Before I returned home, I bought 2 small bottles of 100 Plus at EconSave Mart of BSL and quenched my thirst.  I took a nap at about 3.00pm and woke up with a painful cramp in my right calf.    

What a tiring experience! 

Arrived at the foothill of Ah Apek Hill (Tmn Cheras Awana entrance)


Hiking gang started the journey at 9.30am



Poor Saw was having stomach problem

Saw and I went to Water Datuk Station (水哪督站)

A regular group of hikers (20 plus) picnicking

A glimpse of the cooking and other facilities for picnic


Water Datuk shrine 

A toilet in the middle of jungle




A wefie pose with Saw 

Non-top hill water flowing through a pipe 

Very steep hiking trail

Arrival at Station 3A at 11.50am

Saw, BT Ng (pic from left) and Simon Kuah (pic right) chit-chatting

Half-way going downhill



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter