Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A Visit of Two Old Friends at ICC Pudu

On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 and as invited by old buddy Anthony Kon, my wife Soh Ai and I left home at 10.30am to catch a RapidKL bus to Pudu, KL.

We reached Integrated Commercial Centre (ICC) Pudu at about 12.15pm and met Anthony and a former colleague from MCA HQ (my short employment there from Dec. 1986 till Mar. 1988) 趙财生 (AhFook Chiew) whom I haven't met for more than 3 decades.

Chiew now runs 2 stalls at the Grd. Fl. food court of ICC, namely AhFook Yong TauFu & Chee CheongFun, and another Penang Mee Yoke.
I ate Yong TauFu and Chee CheongFun and found them delicious. Soh Ai took Penang Mee Yoke. I also tasted popiah bought by Anthony and found it not bad too. I was told that ICC food court has now become a food heaven frequently patronized by many free-and-easy tourists from China.

Chiew, Anthony and I had a good chat on various subjects. Chiew who is 4 years more senior than Anthony and I is found to be still very hard-working and he enjoys running his hawker business.

Soh Ai and I left Pudu and took a bus at 2.15pm and returned home at 3.30pm.
Main entrance of ICC Pudu 
A view of the food court at ground floor


Pic from right: Anthony Kon, Chiew and the blogger.  We were once colleagues at MCA HQ from 1986 till 1988.  My tenure is the shortest while Anthony worked there for 35 years.

A pose with Chiew at one of his stalls

Chiew in front of his signature stall

Hong Kong superstar singer Alan Tam publicized AhFook stall


A pose with Anthony who invited me many times to visit this stall but I didn't make it until this day for the first time.

The various kinds of Yong TauFu

The other stall of Chiew selling Penang Mee Yoke with the cooking recipe carried down from his grandfather

Our plates of Yong TauFu / Chee CheongFun and Popiah

Chiew personally handling his customer food 

A view of the city from the window of HXC Grand Ballroom located at Level 6 of ICC Pudu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter