Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Renewal of My Professional Engineer Registration for 2019

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019, I left home at about 10.00am to go to the office of the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) at 11th Floor, JKR Headquarters, Kompleks Kerja Raya Malaysia, Jln. Sultan Salahuddin, KL to renew my annual registration for Professional Engineer with Practising Certificate (PEPC) for 2019 (annual fee RM400).

Although I have retired from work since June last year, I am still keeping my PEPC registration just in case I am asked to do some freelance design works. My PE registration dates back to 1984 and I am not ready to give it up yet.

I parked my car at the open car park space next to the Cultural and Tourism Ministry and walked quite a distance to JKR Headquarters. Reached BEM’s office and submitted my application forms at 10.45am. Today is the first working day of the new year and there were about 10 over people waiting for business with BEM. My queue number was 7 behind the serving number.

By 11.20am, I collected my certificate and left BEM. Before returning home I dropped by Batu 9 Cheras to buy some 10 nos. of various kind of pau (filled bun) and 2 nos. loh mai kai (glutinuous chicken rice), all-in RM 19.60 only. Cheap-cheap! Reached home at 12.15pm.

The traffic from my house to JKR HQ all along Jln. Cheras was smooth sailing and it was a wonderful trip for the record!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter