Saturday, October 27, 2012

Responses to My Blogging of Dr JB Lim’s Talk

The blogger is grateful for the feeback from his e-buddies on his immediate past posting and wishes to share the exchange of emails as follows:

Date: Friday, 26 October, 2012, 12:07 PM

Dear Ir Tai Onn Lau & Dr. JB Lim,

Thank you engineer Tai for posting a very interesting and enlighting talk from our Great Sifu Dr JB Lim. I appreciate Dr. JB Lim for sharing his experience and his thoughts on aging. Once again Thank you to both of you.

Regards,

Jason Gan
-------------------------
The blogger replied as follows:

Friday, 26 October, 2012 2:26 PM

Dear Jason,

It is my pleasure to share my experience or feeling with everyone so long as others don't feel bothered.

For the 3 video clips showing Dr Lim "in action" during the talk, you have to go to my blog to watch: http://taionn.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-impression-of-dr-jb-lims-talk-on.html  as they don't appear in this email.

Alternatively, you may go to youtube website http://www.youtube.com/?gl=BE and key in the word "Dr JB Lim" and click "browse", you can find the video clips there too.

By the way, my surname is Lau and not Tai. The English way of naming with the surname written last is always confusing to many a Chinese.

Wishing you a pleasant long weekend,

T.O. Lau
----------------
On Fri, 26/10/12, , 2:25 PM Tan Seng Khoon wrote:

Hi Lau,

Thank you for your write up.
What you said about Dr. Lim being a compulsive talker is absolutely correct.
This man is a talking machine.
He could go on and on for another few more hours non-stop.

Btw, the video of Dr. Lim talking is good.
Except that the sound is too soft.
Your song music in the blog is much much louder than his talking.
So I cannot hear anything.

Rgds
Khoon
------------------
The blogger replied as follows:

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 2:40 PM

Dear Rev Khoon,

Thanks for your comment.

If you want to watch and listen to the video clips in my blog, you can always turn off the built-in mixpod.com music. Scroll to the bottom of my blog page, click the symbol "II" between "<" and ">" and you can turn off the song completely from my blog.

Alternatively, you may directly go to youtube site:

I have to admit that the audio-video effects of the video clips are bad and they were taken by my cheap Panasonic Lumix digital camera (Panasonic products are good, but mine is cheap and hence it yields poorer quality).

By the way, I find your standing up for questions during the Q&A time very amusing besides stimulating and your humour (as always, befitting the position of the 'High Priest of Evolution Temple') very enjoyable. LOL!

Thank you.

Lau
----------------
On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Tan Seng Khoon wrote:

Lau,

I got it.
It is a music player that one can control the sound and volume.
I am very very much impressed by the quality of your blog.
First Class.
You have everything there.
Design, arrangement, graphics, illustrations, video, song, sound, special effects.
Everything.
Actually your camera is not too bad.
When I turn off your background song, I can hear Dr. Lim speak very clearly.
Very well done.
I salute you for a fantastic good job done.
Rgds
Khoon
----------------------
The Great Sifu Dr JB Lim himself also commented as follows:

On Fri, 26/10/12 10:25 PM, lim juboo wrote:

Dear Khoon and the rest,

I already said many times Sifu TO Lau blog is the best. It not just have the text and info, but music, graphics, pictures and photos too, and all in wonder colour. No wonder his blog attracts a lot of visitors unlike mine.

He must have realized how bland and colourless my blog was and still is, that once the great Sifu taught me how to spruce up my boring text with pictures and colors like his. Unfortunately until now I have not bothered how to become an artist. I am now wondering how an engineer like Sifu can become an artist as well, or was it a 'bogus artist' (ha ha - jokes only).

Very often he took my bland black and white article to color them up for me and put them inside his blog instead. In many ways this is a blessing-in-disguise for me to have a Sifu and friend like Ir Lau Tai Onn to beautify my life, else readers think I am a very boring person with colourless text.

Thanks a million to you Sifu Ir TO Lau. You made my day. Thanks a million too for so much trouble you took to put some of my talk into U tube. I haven't gone through them yet as I am very ashamed to hear the mistakes I made there. That's why I try to avoid opening the 3 clips for the moment until everything is settled down. Moreover, it is very boring hearing my own speech. Boring, boring, boring...but hopefully it was just boring but not a bogus presentation.

Luckily no one jeered at me. Thanks a million to you for your trouble and your and your friends presence. Your presence, and the rest of all of you were very valuable to me.
.
Thanks a lot once again.

jb lim
-------------
On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Tan Seng Khoon wrote:
Hi All,
You can view Dr Lim's talk from the point of view of Lau on his blog here.
http://taionn.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-impression-of-dr-jb-lims-talk-on.html
Rgds
Khoon
-------------
Saturday, 27 October, 2012 11:18 PM
From: lim ju boo

Dear all,

Thank you for the 'publicity' courtesy of Ir. Lau Tai Onn who took so much trouble to 'advertise' my talk into U-tube.


At the request of Academician Tan Sri Professor Emeritus Datuk Dr Augustine SH Ong, I shall be writing an essay on the talk to briefly cover as much ground as possible from the 60 over slides presented on that day. This will be published in one of MINDS monthly newsletters later.


Meantime I have also been asked to go on a road show around the country where MINDS has a chapter in each state. It will be a one full day seminar on this very broad subject about health.

There I will be given an opportunity to explain in much greater detail than what I was able to do in that short 1 hr 20 mins on Wednesday, 24 October.

Thank you to Ir Lau TO and Ir SK Tan for the video which I never ask.

regards

jb lim
-------------------------
The blogger’s reply:

Sunday, 28 October, 2012 12:22 AM

Dear Great Sifu Dr JB Lim,

The pleasure is all mine to be able to associate my blog with such a highly respectable personality like you. It is a great privilege!

I am sure we all look forward to the early completion of your essay covering your recent talk on "The Meaning & Measurement of Health", and hopefully the publication of this essay in the MINDS' monthly newsletter will not restrict non-members like your e-buddies the opportunity to read.

At first I also thought of reporting in my blog some of the salient points you had talked about but I find it not an easy task. Hence I dare not use the word "report" but instead chose the word "impression" for the title of the post. My ability to report on the great knowledge and wisdom of you Great Sifu is very very very limited.

Thank you very much for your earlier compliments on my blog for which I feel most flattered.

Regards,

T.O. Lau

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter