Monday, November 20, 2017

Two Gatherings Of Tsun Jin High & Primary School Classmates On The Same Day

On Sunday November 19, 2017, I had to attend two sumptuous banquets heavily loading my stomach.  But I got to meet a group of my classmates from Tsun Jin High School (1968-1973) at noon and another group from Tsun Jin Primary School (1965-1967) in the evening.  What a rare occasion of gatherings! 
The first function was the luncheon in celebration of the 104th Anniversary of Tsun Jin School cum 50th Anniversary of Tsun Jin School Old Pupils’ Association (庆祝循人学校104周年校庆暨校友会50周年会庆联欢午宴) held at the School Hall of SJK(C) Tsun Jin, Jalan Perwira, KL.

I left home at 11.00am and reached my alma mater at 12.00pm.  I met up with many classmates/schoolmates to catch up with old times.  There were a few classmates whom I could remember the names but could hardly recognize the face after an absence of sight for 44 years, like李民存, 李万祥 & etc. 

We also managed to have a photo session with a former teacher who briefly taught in Tsun Jin High School from 1968 to 1970 before being detained under ISA, i.e. the past president of Dong Zong  or The United Chinese School Committees’ Association Dr. Yap Sin Tian (叶新田).

I had a good chat with 林山中 (Kerwin Lim),萧光华(Alex Seow),刘士元, 杨兆龙, 邱光艺at my table, and何兴, 陈振文, 谢宗荣and others from other tables.

The organizer gave away a souvenir cup to every participant.  Our batch of classmates/schoolmates posed for a group photo before departure at about 3.30pm.

My gratitude goes to 萧光华 who sponsored my entry ticket of RM 80 and many other classmates too.  In addition, he also gave me a few designs of 2018 calendars printed for his company Chap Khoon Huat S/B dealing with bicycles.  What a nice and generous buddy he is!

I returned home at about 4.30pm, took a short nap till 5.30pm, and left home again at 6.30pm.
A pose with Alex Seow (a classmate from Junior Middle 2, 1969 till Senior Middle 1, 1971) who sponsored my attendance and was seated beside me during the luncheon
A pose with Liew Sze Yoon (a classmate from Senior Middle 2 till 3, 1972-73) who was seated beside me during the luncheon.
The menu of the luncheon
Birthday cakes specially brought by Alex Seow for our batch of classmates/schoolmates who celebrated their birthdays in the month of November.  Our table stole the limelight before the luncheon began.
Singing birthday song to whom it may concern
A pose with Dr. Yap Sin Tian (叶新田老师), seated in the middle.

A group photo (graduation class of year 1973) taken after the luncheon ended
Souvenir cup from the organizer
Gift by Alex Seow to me


The second function was the wedding dinner of the eldest son of my Tsun Jin Primary School classmate黄志光 (Wong Chee Kong) at the Grand Ballroom of Vivatel Hotel, UE3, Jln. Loke Yew.
The Wedding Dinner invitation card
By the time I arrived at the ballroom at about 7.30pm, all my classmates were already seated at 2 tables.  They were: 刘秀风, 曾庆明, 张坤, 胡次莲 (& husband), 蔡秀珠, 陈日鸿, 赖开源, 郑观雄, 陈佛才, 袁金环 (the above 11 persons in one table), 雷美亮, 黄美玉, 杨慧娟, 叶玉霞 (& husband), 何奕銮,胡国强,张昭宝 and myself (9 persons in our table).

The dinner actually commenced well past 8.30pm, but it was really okay for me as my stomach was still quite full from the luncheon taken not long ago.

Needless to say, it was a wonderful reunion night for us till 10.50pm.  I returned home near midnight at 11.45pm.  
Queueing up to give ang-pows and find out the table reserved for attendance 
A selfie from my table
A pose with Chow Poo (classmate, 1965-67) who was seated beside me.  He is also a MCA committee member of the same branch with me when I was active in the late '80s and early '90s of the last century.

A group photo of my primary school classmates (graduation class of year 1967) attending the wedding dinner
A glimpse of interaction among old classmates taken during the dinner
The hosts on stage ready to cheer "yam seng" to their guests
The menu of the dinner
The first course of dishes
Roast spring chicken with garden salad 
Steamed tiger garoupa with preserved sliced lemon
The last course of dishes 
A pose with our host (pic in the middle), the bridegroom's father and our classmate Wong Chee Kong after the dinner as we were leaving

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter