Friday, January 12, 2018

Joy Rides of MRT & LRT to Puchong Jaya & Subang Jaya on January 5, 2018

Praiseworthy inter-connectivity of MRT, LRT & etc.
My cousin brother Pan Mok Weng suggested for an outing to USJ 7 to take a look at 2 China-imported robots serving in Nam Heong Ipoh Kopitiam at Da Men Mall, Persiaran Kewajipan, USJ, Subang Jaya which he recently read from the newspaper.  I was interested.  He briefed me the public transport means of traveling i.e. by MRT Bukit Dukung to Maluri interchange (9 stops), LRT from Maluri to Chan Sow Lin (2 stops), LRT from Chan Sow Lin to IOI Puchong Jaya (using Sri Petaling/Putra Heights line, 12 stops) to meet him there at about 12.30pm or lunch, then LRT from IOI Puchong Jaya to interchange at Putra Heights (6 stops) and finally LRT from Putra Heights to USJ 7 (6 stops).  He told me it might take 2 hours of traveling for me to reach IOI Puchong Jaya. I haven’t traveled by LRT so extensively (meaning with so many interchanges) before.

On Friday, January 5, 2018, I left home at 10.25am to the bus stop.  The weather was rainy for the entire day before and it continued to be bad this day.  It was drizzling when I left home.  The MRT feeder bus came at 10.42am, reaching Bukit Dukung MRT station at 11.00am.

I boarded the MRT train at 11.10am and reached Maluri station at 11.35am.  Then walked to LRT station vide the pedestrian covered link bridge and boarded LRT train at 11.40am.  Reached Chan Sow Lin station at 11.45am and disembarked to Platform 2A to take another LRT train to IOI Puchong Jaya from 11.55am to 12.25pm.  The total fare from MRT Bukit Dukong (9 stops), LRT from Maluri to IOI Puchong Jaya (14 stops) was RM3.10. Very cheap for senior citizens!

There was a misunderstanding between Pan and me as he didn’t tell me to wait for him at the station.  As I came out from IOI Puchong Jaya station, I walked to IOI Mall straightaway, expecting to meet Pan in the mall and go for lunch.  He actually had planned to go to the opposite side of IOI Mall for lunch.  I waited for him inside IOI Mall for about half an hour.

Finally we met at about 1.00pm and had a set lunch of porridge and fried dough (RM6.30) at AEON’s food court.  

We left by LRT at 2.05pm from IOI Puchong Jaya to Putra Heights interchange at 2.25pm.  then continued to USJ 7 reaching at 2.45pm.  The fare for 12 stops was RM2.60, proportionately high compared to my earlier MRT/LRT rides.

We were disappointed to find that the robots were not ready for service at Nam Heong Ipoh Kopitiam at the LG floor of Da Men Mall.  We were told that the 2 robots were kept in the store waiting for tests.

We visited Jaya Grocer for window-shopping where I bought a bottle of Beh Kwang Chee almond powder (700g) for RM18.95, before going for refreshment at Nam Heong at 3.45pm.

It was interesting to note that the ordering of food at Nam Heong was to be done by a gadget on the table.  Both Pan and I ordered the Signature’s white coffee + egg dart + puff (RM8 per set).  Not bad a taste.

We left Da Men at 4.45pm. While Pan disembarked at Puchong Perdana station, I continued my journey home by LRT and MRT the same way I came in the morning.  The times of leaving from and reaching the various train stations were as follows:

4.55pm – 5.10pm USJ 7 – Putra Heights (LRT - 6 stops)
5.20pm – 6.05pm Putra Heights – Chan Sow Lin (LRT - 18 stops)
6.10pm – 6.15pm Chan Sow Lin – Maluri (LRT - 2 stops)
6.25pm – 6.45pm Maluri – Bukit Dukung (MRT - 9 stops)

The total fare from USJ 7 to my final destination was RM3.50.

I caught a MRT shuttle bus immediately after alighting from MRT at Bukit Dukung and returned home at 7.05pm.  What a tiring day of MRT/LRT rides!
On MRT from Bkt Dukung station
MRT ride
Interchange station between MRT & LRT at Maluri
Link bridge at Maluri Station
LRT train
Taking LRT to another interchange station at Chan Sow Lin

Chan Sow Lin station for LRT Putra Heights Line 
Platform 2A of Chan Sow Lin LRT Station
A glimpse of passengers in LRT train
Taking LRT from Chan Sow Lin to IOI Puchong Jaya
IOI Mall Puchong Jaya in the background
LRT Station at IOI Puchong Jaya
Inside IOI Mall Puchong Jaya
Porridge lunch for Pan and me at AEON
Pan and I on our way to USJ 7
Da Men Mall at USJ 7
Inside Da Men Mall
Ordering food at Nam Heong Ipoh Restaurant
Our coffee and cookies
Pan Mok Weng
LRT Station Platform from Chan Sow Lin to Maluri
Maluri interchange station
MRT packed with passengers towards Kajang, after office and school hours

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter