Sunday, February 10, 2019

CNY Reunion Lunch With Family & Siblings on February 9, 2019

On the 5th day of CNY, Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019, I have booked a table at Esquire Kitchen, Sunway Velocity Mall, Maluri, K.L. for a reunion lunch at 12.00pm.

I drove together with Soh Ai, Wai Kit, Wai Yu, Jia-mei and Wai Kei to Batu 11, Cheras and parked my car there at 11.15am. Wai Jen was not free to join us. We then took MRT to Maluri Station and walked to Sunway Velocity Mall.

Also attended were my younger brother Thai San, sister Ching Yueh and her hubby Sze Wah.

The 6-course CNY set for 9 of us cost me RM383.00 including RM338 for the set, RM22.50 for 9 glasses of jasmince tea and RM22.50 for 9 bowls of rice, and 6% service tax of RM19.80.

After lunch, I bought 5 tickets for the 4.20pm movie “新喜剧之王” as Wai Kei was not interested to watch. Thai San, Ching Yueh and Sze Wah joined us for cendol drinks at Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol before they departed. 

I shared with them the story in which our distant niece Evana Yim (严文静) from Sihui (四会), Guangdong, who is the granddaughter of our late eldest uncle严水林 (first younger brother of our late mum), suddenly contacted me via Facebook Messenger on CNY’s eve on Feb. 4, 2019 as I was travelling to my in-law's house.

We can now reconnect with our maternal side relatives in China once again.  Ching Yueh told me that she used to communicate on behalf of our mum with cousin sisters 严月金and 严月英when she was small, while I communicated with uncle严沃田. I have completely lost touch with our China relatives after uncle 沃田 passed away in 2012. 

After movie at 6.00pm (by then Wai Kei had returned home by himself), we had noodle dinner at Profusion Signature (湘苑地道湖南味) at the same mall.  5 bowls of various noodles cost us RM53.95 inclusive of 10% service charge and 6% service tax. 

We took MRT back to Batu 11 Cheras and returned home by car at about 8.00pm.
Pic from left: Thai San, Jia-mei, Wai Yu, Soh Ai, me, Sze Wah, Ching Yueh, Wai Kit and Wai Kei
Wai Yu and Jia-mei inside MRT train
Sunway Velocity Mall, Cheras
Inside Esquire Kitchen
The menu of CNY set meal
Booking slip by Thai San on my behalf
A second group photo taken by the waiter
Chendul menu
Durian cendol for RM9.40
Beef noodle at RM10.90
Pork soup noodle at RM7.90

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter