Wednesday, January 12, 2022

A Brief Account of My Meeting with Old & New Friends at KLGCC on 11January, 2022

On Tuesday, 11 January, 2022 at 8.45am, my chat group friend Stanley Ong picked me up outside his Forest Green Apartment/office at Bandar Sg Long and departed to Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club (KLGCC aka TPC KL) to meet our friends Mr. Aw Eng Sun (81 yr. old) and Mr. Bennett Malayapillay (91 yr. old, Aw’s English teacher in Kelantan, around 1958 & 1959).

This is my second time meeting Aw and first time meeting Bennett.  Stanley is meeting both of them for the first time.

During our one-hour long journey, Stanley told me many useful health tips, nutrition advices and even semiconductor development in China.  In spite of his chartered accountant background, he is very well-versed in nutrition, medicine, political affairs and scientific developments.  A truly knowledgeable all-rounder!

We reached the 3-storey car parks for visitors of KLGCC at about 10.10am and took a shuttle service to the Golfers Terrace Cafe.  

Aw and his Cikgu were there early and greeted us at about 10.20am. He ordered roti canai for Stanley and me, and coffee for all of us.

We had a very pleasant chit-chat on various topics and all of us enjoyed the companionship (see impressions below).

We bid farewell to one another at about 12.15pm as Aw had an appointment at 2.00pm.

Stanley fetched me back to Bandar Sg Long and we had lunch at Restoran Yuan’s Hainanese & Western at Bdr. Mahkota Cheras at about 1.30pm.  The food we had were: Hainan mee (Stanley), chee cheong fun (me), stuffed Kongsai tau fu pok, lotus leaf rice and Hainan tea.

It was most kind of Stanley to provide me the transport to and fro KLGCC though he lived in USJ, Subang and he actually needed not come to Sg Long today.  I really appreciated his generous offer to settle the bill of our lunch no matter how hard I insisted to pay.

I returned home at 2.10pm.

 

It was my first time visiting KLGCC

Golfers Terrace Cafe at KLGCC 


Pic from left: Aw, Stanley and Bennett (Cikgu)

Roti canai for Stanley and me


Delightful conversation going on

A wefie shot for remembrance


Mr. Aw ES and me



Stanley and I at Restoran Yuan's Hainanese & Western at Bdr. Mahkota Cheras



Our simple lunch

P/s: The following are impressions from my friends via WhatsApp messages on the even date:

Aw to me: “I would like to think we had an enjoyable time together.

Aw to Stanley: “It was indeed a pleasant and stimulating meeting!

Cikgu to Aw: “It was very pleasant meeting up this morning, such good company it was indeed.    

Stanley to Aw: “It was a pleasure meeting you.  Our interaction and exchange of ideas have been beneficial and stimulating. Take care. Keep in touch.

Stanley to me: “Thanks for the companionship and photos.

*************************************

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter