Monday, January 15, 2018

Renewal of My PE Registration for 2018

Although I have self-imposed retired since June last year, I decided to renew my registration with the Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM) as a Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate (PEPC) for this year of 2018.  The annual renewal for such a category is RM 400.  I may consider next year for just renewal as a Professional Engineer with an annual fee of RM 100 for senior citizens exceeding 60 years old.  I have been a PE for 34 years now since 1984 and it will be a pity to cease registration unless I completely stop practicing as an engineer!

At 10.35am this morning, Monday, January 15, 2018, I left home to drive to JKR Headquarters at Jalan Sultan Salahuddin, K.L.  The road sides were fully parked with vehicles and after making a few rounds of searching for parking, I had to park at an open car park space along Jalan Sultan Salahuddin and walked about 7 minutes to Kompleks Kerja Raya. 

BEM counter
At 11.30am, I reached the office of Lembaga Jurutera Malayia at 11th Floor and found quite many people doing the registration renewal.  The PE registration ends 31st December each year and must be renewed by  31st January the following year.

While waiting for the issuance of certificate after submitting my renewal form and payment, I chit-chatted with a man by the name of Ir. Ng Ah Hooi (aged 60+), also waiting for the renewal certificate.  

Waiting at BEM office
When I told me I was formerly from Tahir Wong Sdn. Bhd, he mentioned the name of my former colleague William How whom he knew in JKR days.

Ir. Ng had worked for JKR for 18 years and retired in 1996.  So I asked him if he knew my e-buddy Ir. Tan Seng Khoon, also a long-time engineer with JKR before retirement and opening his private consultancy service, he promptly told me Tan was his superior in JKR Road Section. 

My PEPC certificate for 2018
What a small world to meet a stranger knowing two people that I am acquainted with!

I left BEM at about 12.00pm noon and returned home at 12.30pm.   

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter