On Friday, September 4, 2026, I visited MATTA Fair at Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC) with buddy Albert Tan.
Albert came driving at 10.00am with his wife and poodle Curly to pick me up from my house to MRT Bukit Dukung station. Mrs. Tan drove home with Curly after seeing us off at the station.
We alighted at MRT Muzeum Negara station and walked to KL Sentral via underpass. From there, we took free RapidKL shuttle bus to go to MITEC. This day was the first day of the three-day event of MATTA Fair, September 2026.
My main purpose of visit was to decide on whether to join the package tour of 6D4N Hubei Wuhan+Three Gorges Dam with Best Holiday or 7D5N Guangzhou/Foshan/Zhuhai/Shunde with BeeFlyz Holiday, both departing on November 1, 2026. I have done my research and checked the detailed tour fare and itinerary with both travel companies. I wanted to find out if the package tour group was formed and departure guaranteed, knowing that a minimum 10 participants are required to form the group, and minimum 16 to provide a tour guide.
 |
| Itinerary of Wuhan tour by Best holiday |
 |
| Itinerary of Guangzhou tour by BeeFlyz Holiday |
After arrival at MITEC, I looked for Sam of Best Holiday whom I have contacted via WhatsApp beforehand. I obtained the following information:
01/11/2026 Group not formed yet. Tour fare RM2498 (6 promotion seats -- meaning fewer than 6 pax now)
02/11/2026 About 16 pax signed up. RM2698
06/11/2026 About 10 pax signed up. RM2698.
I was not quite happy to have to pay an extra RM200 to join a guaranteed group, although I am totally flexible on whichever departure dates.
Next, I tried to look for Teong of BeeFlyz Holiday with whom I have dealt with in the past few package tours. He was not present at MATTA Fair but worked in the office. But I managed to find out the Guangzhou package tour on 01/11/2026 was guaranteed. I contacted Teong on the spot and told him I would meet him at BeeFlyz’s office the next day to sign up for the tour with my wife and friend Poon YM.
We left MITEC at about 2.00pm to take the suttle bus to KL Sentral. Both Albert and I took McDonald fried chicken sets for lunch there.
After lunch, I walked to MRT Muzeum Negara station to take the MRT train to Bukit Dukung station and RapidKL bus back to my home , while Albert went separately to visit his friends of Japan Airlines at Bangsar.
In conclusion, it was a pleasant and fruitful half-day trip!
 |
| With Albert Tan on MRT ride from Bukit Dukung |
 |
| Taking RapidKL free shuttle bus to MITEC at KL Sentral |
 |
| Arrival at MITEC |
 |
| Inside MITEC |
 |
| A pose with Albert at Level 2 hall |
 |
| Best Holiday booth |
 |
| Albert chatting with his friends from tour industry |
 |
| A pose in front of Best Holiday booth |
 |
| BeeFlyz Holiday booth |
 |
| A pose with BeeFlyz Holiday booth in the background |
 |
| MAS booth |
 |
| Albert sitting on the newly launched business class seat of MAS |
 |
| Taiwan's highest and most representative mountains at a glance |
 |
| Japanese tour agency booth |
 |
| Interesting panda dolls on display |
 |
| Waiting to board RapidKL shuttle bus to return to KL Sentral |
 |
| At McDonald's restaurant at KL Sentral |
 |
| My McDonald's fried chjcken set (RM19.90) |
 |
| At MRT Muzeum Negara station |
 |
| MRT Muzeum Negara station platform waiting for MRT Kajang line train |
 |
| RapidKL bus at MRT Bukit Dukung station |
Labels: Travelogue
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home