Friday, December 22, 2017

Half-day Trip to Pavilion KL & KLCC

A pose with Pan MW at Pavilion KL

It was recently reported in the social media like FaceBook and also commented by various walks of life that the current Christmas decoration in Pavilion KL was the best in town.  Hence I decided to make a visit to Pavilion KL and dated my cousin brother Pan Mok Weng who had during last week (10/12/2017 – 17/12/2017) traveled to Bangkok for vacation and helped bought upon my request 4 bottles of Siangpure medicated oil for me.

As my wife is busy with domestic chores and not interested to follow me, I went alone.

At 11.10am on Friday, 22/12/2017, I left home to go the nearby bus-stand.  Took MRT shuttle bus to Bukit Dukung MRT station, reaching there at 11.35am. The train arrived at 11.40am and took me to Bukit Bintang at 12.10pm.  Pan was already waiting for me at Exit Gate D then. 
An almost empty MRT shuttle bus from BSL
We went to Lot 10 Hutong food court for lunch.  I ordered roast duck rice (RM13.50) while Pan took roast chicken rice (RM9.50).  I found the taste of roast duck was only so-so despite its reputation.
Lot 10 Hutong's "roast duck king"
Me and my roast duck rice
After meal, we walked to Pavilion KL from Lot 10, along Jalan Bukit Bintang and through the underpass from Fahrenheit 88 Shopping Mall.  The Christmas decoration in Pavailion KL was indeed beautiful.  Many tourists were there.  After taking many photos, Pan and I sat down for drinks at Old Town White Coffee at the ground floor and chit-chatted for at least half an hour.  I paid Pan RM60 for the cost of 4 bottles of 25cc Siangpure Oil (120 Baht each) he bought on my behalf.
The Christmas decoration inside Pavilion KL is indeed eye-catching
A panoramic view of the ground floor of Pavilion KL
Christmas festive mood 
I took luo han guo shave ice drink
Pan with his favorite coffee
Pan suggested that we walked to the nearby KLCC for sight-seeing as it was linked by air-conditioned bridge from Pavilion.  He was right to say that we always to travel to cities of other countries for sight-seeing but we overlooked the beauty of our own city.  As a matter of fact, there were plenty of tourists flocking Jalan Bukit Bintang this time in the festive mood of Christmas just around the corner!
Busy street of alan Bukit Bintang


So we went to KLCC at about 3.30pm and noticed a lot of tourists inside and outside Suria KLCC shopping centre.  There was a fairly tall Christmas tree in front of Suria KLCC, but the overlooking fountain was unfortunately not in operation.  The Christmas decoration inside the shopping centre was quite a scene too! 
KL Twin Towers of KLCC
A tall Christmas tree in the open space
Inside Suria KLCC
Suria KLCC decoration
Before we left KLCC at 4.15pm, we went for shopping in Isetan supermarket. I bought a box of cookies (RM 17) and 2 no. Danish apple cake (RM6.98) and 3 no. Cheese & Cheese (RM11.04).

Pan and I took a LRT ride from KLCC at about 4.30pm.  He dropped off at Masjid Jamek station while I at the next stop at Pasar Seni at 4.45pm.  From there I took a MRT ride to go back to Bukit Dukung, reaching at 5.20pm. By the time I took the MRT shuttle bus and returned home, it was 5.45pm.   
LRT station platform
Taking MRT from Pasar Seni station
Bukit Dukung MRT station with shuttle bus to BSL
The purchases I did from this trip

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Flag Counter